You can be in a relationship for two years and feel nothing; you can be in a relationship for 2 months and feel everything. Time is not a measure of quality; of infatuation, or of love.
It baffles me when people say that mental illness isn’t stigmatized here in the “developed world”.
The last time the NHS surveyed 1,741 adults to ask them what they thought about mental health:
• 1 in 5 said “anyone with a history of mental problems should be excluded from taking public office”.
• 1 in 10 said “it is frightening to think of people with mental problems living in residential neighbourhoods”.
• 1 in 10 said “A woman would be foolish to marry a man who has suffered from mental illness, even though he seems fully recovered”
What exactly is that?
1. that a person would be unable to make rational decisions regarding millions of lives (on occasion). Not unreasonable for someone with schizophrenia or severe depression etc.
2. ‘mental problems’ likely equated with dangerous. Not true for all, but there are some cases where mentally ill people are a danger to those around them.
3. the idea that the woman could be putting herself or others into a position to be hurt or in some way let down if a relapse should occur. Not foolish but something that should be taken into account.
Any stigma is just because people are uneducated about what mental illness really refers to. The average mind jumps to the most severe case and people don’t think about the rest.
I would really like to meet these people and introduce them to a list of all the people with mental illnesses who were famous, or in office, etc.
Honestly, I’m really only interested in soulmate AUs with alternative plots.
I don’t really care about person A and person B who have each other’s names on their wrists and find each other and live happily ever after. I care about a culture where people don’t bother forming…
What I’m most excited for fans to see is the Sam Winchester that they love. The Sam Winchester that will do anything for his brother, and will do anything to do the right thing.
while I agree that you’re a Trekkie even if you’ve only seen the reboot, I pray to Surak, the Prophets, the Blessed Exchequer, the Great Outlawed Hebitian Gods, and even the Founders that you watch other forms of Star Trek beyond the new movies because it is so worth it I promise you
you deserve better
my favourite thing about William Shatner is that he is obsessed with Reddit, he goes on there all the time and talks about it all the time, its so good, and then one day, he got really upset with the behaviour of [coughing]the majority of redditors[/coughing] and…